MacLachlan Insurance Inc.
The Brief History
MacLachlan Insurance was started in the Village of Thedford by Howard MacLachlan in 1931. Howard sold for Pilot insurance Company, which is known as Aviva Insurance today. The business was sold, but continued to operate in the Thedford area. In 1962, Howard’s son, Harold MacLachlan, purchased the business back, based on a belief that the business would continue to grow by listening to the needs of his customers and providing excellent service.
In 1977 Harold’s son, Dan Maclachlan, joined the family business. In 1983, Dan’s wife, Kim joined the business and the William J Amos Insurance brokerage of Parkhill was purchased, expanding the business and area that MacLachlan Insurance serviced. Bill Heaman joined the firm as a partner in 1987 and managed the Parkhill office for 11 years. Bill retired in 1998 and D’Arcy Elliott joined the firm to manage the Parkhill office.
In 1998, the Grand Bend office of MacLachlan Insurance was opened. Over the years, the business has continued to expand and change with the evolving insurance needs of their customers. Additional insurance companies have been added to the brokerage, to provide a wide range of service and products.
In 2017 Kim & Dan retired, selling the business to D’Arcy Elliott (employee of +20 years) and their son Brent MacLachlan (forth generation family member).