Hitting the gym, making gains, looking good, and more importantly being healthy will always be a large role in our lives, but have you ever considered the liability exposures? Whether you operate a fitness facility of some kind or you’re a personal trainer, you both need to consider the possible financial set backs due to the lack of insurance coverage.
Most personal trainers and fitness facilities have become aware that they need to carry liability insurance, in order to protect them against third party claims during training sessions such as slip and falls. However, there are many other exposures that you need to consider such as Errors & Omissions Coverage. This coverage protects you against lawsuits that are being pursued as a result of a personal trainer or fitness facilities instructions. For example, one of your clients is prescribed a 6 week back squat cycle to improve their strength, but due to their faulty mechanics they sustain a hip injury. If the disgruntled client brings a lawsuit against the personal trainer the trainer would only be covered by their Errors & Omissions policy.
With this in mind, another thing to consider is your online exposure. A lot of fitness facilities and personal trainers are posting their daily workouts online via their website or on their Facebook page. Having people follow these workouts could result in a injury and may result in a lawsuit. Now it would be difficult for the injured party to be successful in their lawsuit since it would be hard to prove that they were following the program correctly. Nonetheless you would need financial support to defend this claim, and Errors & Omissions coverage would provide that.
Available Liability Coverage’s
- Comprehensive Liability – Provides premises/operation protection for any claims arising from your fitness related.
- Professional Liability E&O– Protects you against bodily injury arising out of rendering or failure to render professional services.
- Personal Injury – Protects you against suits involving libel, slander, wrongful invasion of privacy, etc.
- Tenants Legal Liability – Protection for any claims arising from facilities you rent, lease, or occupy.
- Abuse Coverage – Pays for damages due to bodily injury arising from physical abuse or sexual misconduct.
- Employer’s Liability – Protects you from liabilities arising from disease, fatality, or injury to employees.
- Voluntary Compensation – Extends workers compensation benefits to workers who are not otherwise eligible for them.
- Non-owned automobile – Intended for vehicles not owned by the insured. i.e. when you send someone for an errand.
- Participants Coverage – Coverage for the participants in the sport or spectators.
- Business Interruption Coverage – Coverage if you are unable to provide your services to your clients.
- And so much more! – Give one of our offices a call for more details.
Types of Fitness Packages
- Crossfit – For the coaches or the Crossfit Box.
- Personal Training – Can-fit-pro, individual trainers, and personal trainer studios.
- Wellness Studios – Physiotherapy, athletic therapy, stress management, chiropractic, acupuncture, and other natural healing practices.
- Health Clubs – Including unstaffed access, 24-hour fitness, and Curves.
- Pilates & Yoga – For the instructor or the facility.
- Martial Arts – Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Kung Fu, Aikido, and Tai Chi.
- Dance Studios – For the instructor or the facility.
- Tanning Salons – May be a hard to place risk, we can help.
- Salons & Spas – Aesthetics, micro pigmentation, and more.
- Teams & Leagues – Coverage for your amateur teams, clubs, or leagues.
Get a Quote
Below is contact form for personal trainers, fitness facilities, and anything else we can find coverage for. By completing this form is will allow us to shop the insurance market for the best available quote for you. Alternatively, you can contact one of our brokers.